Hello hello! Average music appreciator here (Wellington, New Zealand)

Hi all, I’m Marek, and firstly congrats BAUS on the new platform. Loving your work/channel and looking forward to seeing how things pan out with this and the new listening bar.

So, I’m based in NZ and hifi is in my DNA. I started collecting records at age 11 in the early '90s and I quickly destroyed my father’s Thorens TD160. I played my first party (school disco) in 1995 and unfortunately, this never stopped. I started playing music professionally (alongside many day jobs) in 1999 which I remain to this day after almost 30 years on.
Currently, I work in event promotion, marketing & planning for WellingtonNZ Venues (from Ed Sheeran, NZ Orchestra’s, though to Eminem, Wu-Tang Clan & Peanut Butter Wolf) but still play music on the side. In 2015 I decided I really need to learn about the equipment and tools I’ve been using all of my life. I guess music has always been at the forefront so it’s great finding a community that can appreciate both!
My current rotation, and always learning
Garrard 301 + SME 3012
Technics 1200 mk2 + Rega RB330
MC C26 pre
Luxman Tube MQ70 power
MC 7270 power
OJAs JBL 328c w/horn mod
Tascam 32 reel
Carts: Denon 301r (w/AU310 SUT), Nagoaka MP300, Ortofon 2m Black, Shure v15 II

Anyway…looking to upgrade my horns to something a bit more robust. Can the JBL be swapped out with an adaptor? looking at the Altec 511A or 311. Is there any point? Cheers!

3 Likes

Hey! How are you finding the OJAS speakers? I’m thinking of picking up a pair in the coming weeks, but haven’t heard many reviews of them. How did the sound change with the horn mod added?
Thanks